Sunday, August 24, 2014

Simple pleasures

One thing I always try to focus on is finding joy in the simple things. One of those things for me the other day was finding out Mr. Frog had returned! Well, I like to think it's the same frog that was in the pond the beginning of the summer. I have to wonder if it is, why he left, where he went, and why he returned. But since he's not talking, I guess I'll never know. LOL


Another thing I take joy in is watching the butterflies that come to my butterfly bush. Unfortunately I lost two butterfly bushes over the winter, but I still have this one. And there haven't been nearly as many butterflies this summer as we normally have. So I was quite happy the other day to see this one out there. The next day there were four of them out there at the same time. And today I saw my first Monarch butterfly of the summer. I think over the winter I'll do some research on host plants the butterflies like, and maybe plant some new things in the yard to encourage them to visit.



10 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful pictures.

Tudy said...

I love to see Mr. frog in your pond and you do have beautiful butterflies at your house. I have only had one of the yellow ones here so far.

Tudy said...

I love your new background.

Janet O. said...

Your new background is very pretty!
I live next door to a bee garden. The woman who owns the land researched native plants that attract bees and planted an acre of a variety of "bee friendly" stuff. At first I was worried that my yard would host swarms of bees, but I've had no such problems. : )
A butterfly garden sounds wonderful. I'll be interested to know what you learn.

Jo said...

I love your frog. It is so nice when we can hear the frogs in our garden

hetty said...

I too love the simple things in life. Flowers, butterflies and birds make me happy. Wish I had some frogs in my yard, but we live in the city. Last night, my son and I sat outside, talking, when a large object came lumbering down the street. It was a huge raccoon. Yes! Even that made me happy.

Needled Mom said...

The simple things are always the best.

Jeanna said...

Welcome back Mr. Frog :)

I love butterfly bushes. I have two but the extreme heat is taking its toll on them. I haven't seen one butterfly all summer. I'm glad you are seeing more in your yard and I love the pictures you took. Great job on capturing it.

Sandy said...

Beautiful photos. I love nature too! I have been wanting to ask you all summer if your butterfly bushes were okay. I lost my beauty that you had given me from several years ago. It was a privacy bush by our deck and I really miss it this year and watching the butterflies and hummers.

Jane Galley said...

Stunning butterfly. We've had more butterflies this year, although, with it cooling down so much the last couple of weeks, they've disappeared again

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...