Friday, August 29, 2014

I conquered the zip

It's not perfect, but it's done. If I were to make another one, I'd make the tab so it didn't stick out the side so far. And I'd stop my stitching just short of the zip so I'd get nicer corners. But other than that I think this came out OK. Hopefully it will be just the right size for Emily to keep a few things in when she goes out. Finished size is about 3-1/4" by 5-1/2" and you can find the tutorial for it HERE.


One other thing...I had a comment from Peg who wanted to join the sew-along. Peg...we'll be happy to have you join us, but you're a no-reply blogger so I couldn't answer you via email. If you have a blog you want me to link to you, let me know and I'll add your name to the list. Otherwise just sew along and have a good time! :0)

And speaking of the sew-along, my plan now is to start September 1...I'll be posting more info then. At the moment we have at least 26 people sewing along together on this one. Thanks everyone for your interest in taking part...it's going to be so much fun! :0)

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, there you go! Perfect little pouch to go with the set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as good as the ones I have made. I am sure she will like it because it is camo.
    Can't wait to start the sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure she is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pouch looks great. I have never tackled a zipped pouch.
    May look at the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, it turned out brilliantly

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did it. Does this mean it really is possible? :D I love the way it came out and I think you just pretty darn talented!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...