Monday, August 25, 2014

Early to Rise

I was up early this morning, even though I didn't have to go to work. I was rewarded with a beautiful sunrise.


I also got started on my drawstring backpack bag this morning, and wonder of wonders, I finished it this afternoon! It was surprisingly easy, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I first saw this pattern on Jane's blog HERE and followed the link to the tutorial HERE. Two things to know if you try to make one of these following the tutorial...first of all, make the tabs the second way she talks about (the first way was impossible! LOL) and second you don't have to leave openings for the drawstrings in the lining of the bag. At least I can't see any reason for them. So now I have a new bag to take to the fair next week and to all the home football games this fall. :0)


15 comments:

Tudy said...

Love the sunrise. You have such an open view. I have too many trees around for a view like that. I also love the bag you made. It will serve you well.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous Sunrise Terry...your drawsring bag is great...

Janet O. said...

Gorgeous sunrise. I love nature's handiwork in the sky--sunrises, sunsets, rainbows, moon and stars. Thanks for the beautiful view!

Rebecca in AK said...

Beautiful sunrise! Cute bag! Will you use it to take some sewing along with you?

Jeanna said...

Very handy backpack. Great job and I love the color.

Bev C said...

Hi Terri,

Worth getting up for! Hope you get lots of use out of the bag.

Happy days.
Bev.

Needled Mom said...

Look at the great colors in the sunrise!!

Great backpack bag, Terry.

Barb said...

I have made some of these and they are fun and easy...like yours. Beautiful sunrise

hetty said...

Beautiful sunrise! Worth getting up for. Love your bag. I've been meaning to make one of those for myself.

~Laurie~ said...

Beautiful sunrise and cute bag!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love your backpack...I need about 10 of those! blessings, marlene

Melody said...

Such a magnificent sunrise and a cute little bag too,

Jane Galley said...

That turned out well. I do most of my straps that way, so I didn't even attempt to turn them, and I didn't leave the holes in the lining :) Great minds think alike

Silvia said...

Oh this looks very good. I seen various tutorials on line and have been wondering if I should make myself one to take on Holiday

andsewon said...

Beautiful sunrise! Body clock at work...;-) I have never made one of those bags. Looks like a neat way to tote stuff and keep hands free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...