I was up early this morning, even though I didn't have to go to work. I was rewarded with a beautiful sunrise.
I also got started on my drawstring backpack bag this morning, and wonder of wonders, I finished it this afternoon! It was surprisingly easy, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I first saw this pattern on Jane's blog HERE and followed the link to the tutorial HERE. Two things to know if you try to make one of these following the tutorial...first of all, make the tabs the second way she talks about (the first way was impossible! LOL) and second you don't have to leave openings for the drawstrings in the lining of the bag. At least I can't see any reason for them. So now I have a new bag to take to the fair next week and to all the home football games this fall. :0)